Laparoscopy for uterine prolapse
Sagging out of the uterus from its original position is called uterine prolapse. It's a very common uterine disorder that occurs as a woman ages. Muscles and ligaments around the uterus can weaken over time because of vaginal childbirth and this can lead to uterine prolapse.It is a condition in which the pelvic organs drop down and press against the vagina, causing a bulge or protrusion.
Causes of uterine prolapse
- Loss of muscle tone as the result of aging.
- Injury during childbirth, especially if you have had many babies or large babies (more than 9 pounds).
- Chronic coughing or straining.
- Chronic constipation.
- A feeling of heaviness or pressure in the pelvis.
- Pain in the pelvis, abdomen or lower back.
- Pain during sex (intercourse).
- Uterine tissue that falls through the opening of the vagina.
- Frequent bladder infections.
- Unusual or excessive discharge from the vagina.
- Urination problems .
There are many treatment options available for treating uterine prolapse but laparoscopy is the best and effective treatment for curing uterine prolapse. Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive technique that requires a small incision in the abdomen to insert a slender shaped laparoscope for seeing and operating the pelvis organ. Laparoscopy is the best and latest technique for curing uterine prolapse because it requires shorter hospital stay, it has less blood loss, less scarring and is less painful. We have state-of-the-art technology and modern instruments for the best gynecological treatment. To know more about laparoscopy for uterine prolapse, get in touch with us now. We are available 24*7; you can have a video consultation or teleconsultation. Fix an appointment now. We ensure a reasonable cost of treatment and safe practice at our clinic.